Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wednesdays and Thursdays Suck

Fall semester: day thirty-nine

Wednesdays and Thursdays for me suck, but then again you probably already knew that. Today, at the very least, I must remain awake for another sixteen hours straight -- it's 6:16AM now, and I'll be awake until at least 10:16PM tonight, if not much later -- and during all of those hours I will be up, active, moving, doing things. I will be teaching, having the weekly meeting with my boss, spending my weekly hour in the Writing Center, doing my office hours, having another meeting with the editor of the school journal, and then I get to end my day with a long-form midterm exam full of essay questions.

On the plus side, I don't have to stop at Walmart or anywhere else on the way home tonight -- I am so exhausted from this midterm week that most of the time I'm near-delirious, running on the fumes and dirty energy that the caffeine from several pots of coffee a day and the nicotine from my cigarettes provides me. My entire body aches, especially my legs/thighs -- where, somehow over the course of the past two or three days, I've strained/sprained almost all my muscles from my lower abs to my knees (don't ask me how; I haven't a clue) and am now achy and sore all the time that I'm awake and mobile.

Yes, I know, I'm sure there's some sort of this is what happens when you get old statement that could be made here, of course. Whine-whine-bitch-bitch. I know.

The car seems to be running well, as far as I can tell. She's running a little more rough than usual sometimes, but I think that may be attributed to the fact that I've done a little more in-city driving instead of interstate driving over the course of the past two weeks or so, and therefore I just notice it more. As for the thermostat, it's not kicked out any extra coolant from the radiator's overflow valve in several days (that I've noticed, anyhow), though I'll make sure to check the levels once I get to school this morning and it's light enough to do so. As I'm sure I've said before, as long as the land-boat can get me to school and back three days a week, it can fall apart until I get the money to get it worked on.

Tomorrow, finally, we get paid for the first time this month. This is a good thing, as that money (and more) will be going into yet another cable bill and yet another rent check in about ten-to-twelve days or so. It really is a paycheck-to-paycheck situation right now and will be probably through the holidays, unless my parents send me money between now and then. I still have to build up my bank account some more. Thankfully, aside from a package or two to send, I don't have anyone I need to purchase gifts for during the holiday season, because I wouldn't be able to afford said gifts anyhow.

I didn't even shower this morning. Too time-consuming, plus hot water will make me want to go back to sleep. I hit the snooze bar three times on the alarm clock, and that never happens. Yeah folks, I'm that exhausted. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is called fall break, which I am able to start this evening once I am done with my midterm exam (which should not only take that long, but should be relatively easy as I've studied for it). There's still that long list of stuff I have to do this weekend, but first I have to get through today. More coffee is required.

No comments: