Monday, February 17, 2014

Frazzled

I'm burnt-out and tired. And I need a break from real life for a few minutes. So I'm doing this.


Here are the 65 Questions You've Probably Never Been Asked...




1. First thing you wash in the shower?
Usually my chest, as it's what the water hits first. I guess.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
A deep maroon purple sort of color. I don't know what to call it. I got it on clearance four years ago at Target for like, $5.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
As that would be Daisy, yes. Duh.

4. Do you plan outfits?
A week in advance, baby. I'm cool like that.

5. How are you feeling right now?
See the first line of this post.

6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red?
The Adventure Time t-shirt I'm currently wearing. And two different flash drives, my pack of cigarettes, my can of coffee, and the trash can I'm resting my foot against.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I had a nightmare about zombies a few nights ago. I don't usually remember my dreams.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
Nope. I never left the house. I haven't showered or changed my clothes since Friday morning, either. Welcome to my life.

9. What are you craving right now?
Nothing, really -- Daisy's cooking while she was here sated my cravings for the time being.

10. Do you floss?
Not with actual floss, but I always have at least four or five flosser picks on my desk in front of me.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?

Vile, disgusting weed. Unless it's coleslaw. Then I'm good with it.

12. Are you emotional?
Eh. I can be. I tend to bottle things up unless I'm around someone who knows me really well. Most of those people have since moved out of state.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
Funny story: I used to do this almost every night when my ex lived here with me and we went to bed. She wanted me to come to bed with her every night, but I was never tired enough to sleep at like, 9:30. So I would lay there with her, count to 1,000 (or until she started snoring, whichever came first) then get up and go back upstairs to the computer until I was tired enough to go to bed.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I don't really eat ice cream much, but when I do, it's usually in a bowl with a spoon -- negating either choice.

15. Do you like your hair?
When I can get it to look good? You bet your sweet ass.

16. Do you like yourself?
See previous answer.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
I think that would be a hell of an interesting dinner, would it not? I'd do it simply for the story to tell later.

18. What are you listening to right now?
My oscillating fan as it blows cigarette smoke out my window.

19. Are your parents strict?
I wouldn't say strict as much as overprotective and paranoid.

20. Would you go sky diving?
Shit yes. Name the time and place.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
I bought three pounds of it yesterday and ate one of those pounds today. In one sitting. In about ten minutes. So, yes.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Chuck Palahniuk, but that's about it. And I've met a few NFL players either before or after they got famous, but nothing really to write home about. I live a really boring life, folks.

23. Do you rent movies often?
Psh. I haven't rented a movie since the Blockbuster here in Newton closed down in 2011 or so. If I want to see a new movie, I either go see it in the theater with Daisy or buy the DVD/Blu-ray when it comes out. Or both.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
No. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

25. How many countries have you visited?
One. The one I'm currently living in. Again, boring life, folks.

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
Many, many of them, many years ago. Like, grade school.

27. Ever been on a train?
Many times.

28. Brown or white eggs?
Interestingly enough, I don't really like eggs. I mean, I'll eat them, but I don't outright choose to eat them. I never have egg cravings. I never order them at restaurants for breakfast. I don't use them to cook with. I have no use for them.

29. Do you have a cell-phone?
Yes. It's a Samsung flip phone that was obsolete four or five years before I bought it. And most of the time it's turned off or silenced because it's prepaid and I'm too poor to get new minutes for it.

30. Do you use chap stick?
No, actually, I don't. I have a few different brands of lip balm that I'll use when necessary, but none of them are actual Chap Stick.

31. Do you own a gun?
Yes. And I will own more eventually.

32. Can you use chopsticks?
Yes, with practice, though I find them inefficient and mostly useless in comparison to actual cutlery.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
My own hairy, manly bod.

34. Are you too forgiving?
No. Hah. No, no, I'm not. I don't forgive easily, which is why there are many people who have been excised from my life over the years. I'm guessing about thirty or so total.

35. Ever been in love?
Many times.

36. What is your friend(s) doing tomorrow?
Probably ignoring my existence as per the usual. I have become a hermit, a ghost in the night -- nobody ever sees me or talks to me unless I'm physically present.

37. Ever have cream puffs?
Shit yes. And I want some, now that you mention it. Okay, so there's one craving.

38. Last time you cried?
About two months ago, roughly.

39. What was the last question you asked?
I asked Rae if she was coming to Omaha for Spring Break. She didn't answer.

40. Favorite time of the year?
When it's 80 degrees, breezy, and mostly cloudy.

42. Are you sarcastic?
Sarcasm is a second language that I speak fluently. And this questionnaire skipped number 41.

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
I own the unrated cut on Blu-ray.

44. Ever walked into a mall?
Yes, because THIS IS AMERICA.

45. Favorite color?
Black. Seconded by dark navy blue that's almost black. Then silver. Then probably deep, dark forest green.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?
Not recently, but yes.

47. Is your hair curly?
I prefer to call it "wavy," as it has much less natural curl now than it did when I was younger.

48. What was the last CD you bought?
Tonight: Franz Ferdinand. Like, easily two or three years ago now. I don't count CDs which were purchased for me. If I did, the last one would be The Breakfast Club soundtrack, which Daisy got for me/us during Christmas break.

49. Do looks matter?
I'm getting married in three months. I don't even notice other people anymore. Daisy is beautiful and she's all I care about.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
No. And I still haven't. Take from that statement what you will.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?

I don't have a phone bill. Prepaid.

52. Do you like your life right now?
Overall? No. I'm constantly stressed out, I'm incredibly underpaid, can barely ever get quality sleep unless I take a sleeping pill and force it on myself, my car is falling apart, my bills pile higher and higher every month, and I am (underneath it all, anyway) a deeply spiteful, resentful, evil person. Buuuuut...I have Daisy. And Daisy is the one shining star, the one good thing in my life, the love of my life and the person who is helping me turn it all back around. I have a loving family and caring friends. I have my cats. For now, at least, I have my health. And those are the only things that truly matter anyhow.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No. The TV in my bedroom isn't hooked up to anything but a rarely-used PlayStation 1 and a $20 DVD player, which is used just as seldomly.

54. Can you handle the truth?
I deal in nothing but truths.

55. Do you have good vision?

Mostly. Unless a pineapple slices my eye open and leaves my vision blurry for months. I have trouble seeing in low-light environments, and I do have glasses that I only wear when I have to work for long periods of time when I'm really tired (though I should wear them almost constantly). You can see my old ones in my profile picture here. Those ones broke about a year ago.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
Yes. Many, many more than three.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?

Only when it absolutely cannot be avoided. I loathe the telephone and only own a cell phone for emergencies. I wouldn't own one if I could avoid it.

58. The last person you held hands with?
Daisy. This morning.

59. What are you wearing?
Black slippers, a pair of boot socks, blue pajama pants, tie-dyed boxer briefs, a black long-sleeved t-shirt, and on top of that a red "What Time Is It? ADVENTURE TIME!" t-shirt. Hey, you asked.

60. What is your favorite animal?
My three cats. Don't ask me to choose just one.

61. Where was your default picture taken?
Default picture? Like, the one I have here as my Blogger profile picture? I took it here in my Man Cave in 2011. My Twitter profile picture was taken last May with Daisy in Omaha. My Facebook profile picture was taken on Valentine's Day with Daisy in my living room.

62. Can you hula hoop?
Probably. I don't know, as I don't own one and haven't tried.

63. Do you have a job?
Yes. I am an English professor. Or, excuse me, an "Academic Lecturer."

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
I bought a lot of groceries and household supplies at various places this weekend.

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes, though not in the past twenty years or so.



Okay, that's it. I'm out. Going to bed now. I'll continue the story of my weekend here tomorrow.

No comments: