It isn't until I pay my bills (almost all of them online now, by the way) that I realize how frustrated I am with this whole "job hunting every day" thing.
Don't get me wrong -- I do enjoy my downtime, and I enjoy it a lot, but downtime doesn't replenish my/our money on a day to day basis. I applied for a few more jobs today, all of them full-time positions, and (finally) created an account on Indeed, which has been helpful...but it's getting really tiring and repetitive, and it feels like I'm doing the same stuff every day for some new company or firm or university with little kickback or recognition.
Daisy knows how much I do, both in regards to being at home and in the job search, as she's been job searching as well -- she's trying to get into something better than her current situation. Money is money, but there are many other jobs out there which would be way less stressful on her than her current one and would pay comparably or more -- many of which I'm applying for as well.
Anyway.
I paid my Discover bill online tonight. In another week or so I'll have to pay the cable bill, and I'll get my newest statements for my other cards. This weekend we'll have to pay the rent with the paycheck Daisy got yesterday, and then after that the water/trash/gas/sewer bill must be paid...along with Daisy's own monthly bills for stuff like her own credit cards, cell phone, her car insurance, etc etc. It's not like we're independently wealthy, you know. We're going to be hurting and/or playing catch-up soon enough unless one or both of us has a job down the pipeline that will make us completely financially stable.
In the overnight hours of the nights Daisy works, I've found myself actually getting a remarkable number of things done. It's not just all job applications and cleaning/household upkeep. Tonight, for example, I filled out and mailed four Thank-You notes (the only four I had left and ready-to-go) to friends and family, all of them back home. I then went on Amazon and ordered a 100-pack box of new Thank-You notes, with envelopes, because we'll need them for the rest of the gifts and cards people have sent us for the wedding.
Interestingly enough, more gifts have been coming in, and more will continue to trickle in over the next several weeks, I'll imagine. For example, we apparently have two packages waiting on us at the parents' place right now, one of them being a gift from one of my friends back home (I don't know what the other one is). Several other folks, including my brother, have told me they're sending us stuff as well. At some point.
Again, I never ask anything of anyone. I've made it a point to tell everyone who has asked that it's not necessary that they do anything for us; we're lucky and blessed enough as it is, and it's really the thought and intention that counts anyhow. I don't want anyone to go out of their way for us; we didn't get married for the gifts, after all. Still, I have complied (out of courtesy and love) and have given our new address to friends and family both near and far who want to do something for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment